Friday, March 28, 2008

Fabulous food / condiment must haves...

After attending a baby shower this past weekend and listening to all the moms give advice to the soon to be new mom, I realized that passing on the things we've learned is important. Therefore, being a "foodie", I thought I should pass on some of the things I've learned / can't live without to others who may be newer (or "greener"). As an added bonus, perhaps I'd learn something from others as well!

I do love to cook, however I am usually pretty busy, so I'm a big fan of anything that can make my life easier while making my food 100% better. Therefore, over the years I have come across some serious favorites that I can't live without.

Thankfully all of these also have websites as I don't live where you can access these stores close by! =( (I know, I should move, right?)

(In no particular order)

Super Target:
* Archer Farms Syrup
- It has cinnamon in it -- to die for.

Williams-Sonoma:
* Tupelo Honey
- Fabulous flavor, perfect consistancy alll the time - NEVER congeals!
- Only problem, it's only made (and thus sold) once a year, so you have to make sure to get one when it's on sale!

* Nielsen - Massey Vanilla
- Trust me, you can taste the difference between this and the cheap vanilla extract - it's worth every penny.

* Fig and Meyer Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- Makes the BEST salad dressing w/ only a little olive oil and pepper
- Only drawback, it's a "refrigerate after opening" item unlike most vinegars....

FlavorMagic.net:
* Gourmet Seasoning Sheets
- Easiest seasoning ever, fabulous flavor, and last forever in your pantry!
- My personal favorite is the "Yucatan Chipotle and Lime" (killer on shrimp for a great salad topper), but I haven't tried one I didn't like.

No comments: