Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day Cupcakes

Since Brad is such a sugar lover it was only fitting that I make him something sweet for Valentine's Day. I debated what I should make him and finally settled on Red Velvet Cupcakes. In the search for the right recipe, I found this one from Paula Deen of The Food Network. I was a bit nervous as I have watched her show and her food tends to be full of butter and fat, but I followed the modifications that reviewers had suggested, and I was really happy!

The recipe called for 2 Tablespoons of red food coloring -- That's a ton!!! Boy were they red though...


I finally made my own frosting (I usually just buy some) and I'm so glad I did! It tastes heavenly and was really easy! Now I have a ton left over - guess I'll have to make something else for it to go on!



Brad seemed genuinely touched (esp. when he found out I accidentally burned my arm on the stove in the process) and my co-workers loved all the extras!

My frosting / decorating skills still need some work, but it's the taste anyhow, right?

No comments: